Freeshells.org absolutely does not help users configure the software in their accounts. It is expected of you to have the skills and knowledge to maintain your account and software.
That being said, if there is an issue with the server configuration or something is not right with the server that we provide, feel free to submit a ticket.
Here are some of the most common issues that i am asked repeatedly….
Problem 1 – My SSH Login does not work:
You should re-read your welcome email with a subject of ‘New Shell Account Login Details’ and ensure you are using the correct password. The password you choose for our billing software is not your ssh password or username.
- You tried the wrong password too many times and now our firewall is blocking you. You must now wait 1 hour, sorry.
Problem 2 – I lost my password and can’t reset it:
- We disabled password resets in ISPConfig, so you cant reset it by using ISPConfig’s password reset feature. You must log in to whmcs at https://clients.freeshells.org and select your service, then you can find a password reset option. Alternatively you can submit a ticket to have it changed, and we will change it.
Problem 3 – All my processes keep getting killed
- Free users get 1 irc connection, you cant exceed 10% cpu usage for more than 5 minutes, and you are limited to 250mb of ram. You also cannot run any game servers, shoutcast, irc servers, etc. We have implemented methods to prevent or stop users from exceeding the set limits automatically. If you don’t like it, upgrade to a paid plan and your problem is solved.
A: We offer limited support for free accounts. We do not offer support for third party applications such as eggdrop or znc. Paid users will get some minor support for configuration issues but in general, we only offer support for issues with the sever itself. We provide the platform for you, its up to you from there. You can contact us on irc.criten.net in #freeshells.org or via our ticket system. Users may help you via our irc channel.
- We may have marked your account as fraud, which is the most common reason accounts are cancelled. In this instance you are not welcome to use our service in the future.
- You may have signed up a very long time ago and your account was removed, feel free to sign up again.
- Your account may have been removed for inactivity, try signing up again with your email and seeing if you have an account on record in the billing panel. It will show the status of any account.
- In the event a malicious user actually reads this FAQ wondering why their account is gone, it may have been deleted due to malicious activities.
A: The username and password sent in the welcome email are for your SSH login. Those are the only details that will work for you to SSH to the server. All the information you need is in that email.
A: Yes, freeshells.org allows eggdrops, psybnc’s, znc, and other bouncer/irc software to be run in the background. We do not allow IRC Servers, Game servers, shoutcast, or Commercial (for a profit) software to be run on our free server.
A: You can use your own domain, sub domain, or a free domain from dns providers such as freenom or afraid.org. You can also use your own domain for email only if you wish. Simply point your domain to our main ip or set an MX record up. You can even put a totally made up domain like ‘halsdfgba.com’ if you wish, whatever option you choose you must use your own nameservers.
A: This is the way ispconfig works, and we can’t change it. Creating the website creates your home directory, and you
Must have a home directory to have a shell account. We use ISPConfig for automation purposes as well as to provide an easy management platform for our users.
A: In the event you forget your password you can only reset it through the billing portal. You can change it by viewing your active services, selecting your service, and using the change password option. If this does not work for you then you can also submit a ticket in the billing system. If you do manage to change your password through the billing system, it may not work if it does not meet ISPConfig’s security requirements and lock you out of ISPConfig. We have recently implemented a higher password security in whmcs to help fix this issue.
A: We do have backups, but they are not for the free users. In the event of a server catastrophe the server will be restored to the last good backup unless we want to upgrade to a newer version of debian. Your account may or may not be intact.
A: Yes, just pm me via irc or via a ticket and I will. There are some packages I will not install such as java. Most packages can be installed locally and if you wish to do this, go right ahead. hint: ./configure –prefix=$HOME