From Freeshells.org Wiki
Using your Shell Account
Shell Accounts are able to do quite a lot, but there are restrictions as well.
- 1 background process
- 10% cpu usage limit. Clients using more than 10% of the available CPU for more than 10 minutes will have all of their processes terminated.
- 250 Mb Ram limit. Clients will not be able to exceed 250mb of ram being used by their applications.
- 1 IRC Connection. Clients exceeding 1 connection will have all of their processes terminated.
- Clients may not log in multiple accounts from the same IP address. This includes changing your username and cancelling your account and making a new one. Clients will have their shell user deleted and will show an 'active' account in the billing panel if this occurs.
- Automation: IRC Connection Limit, Process limit, CPU Usage limit, and Multi-Account Limits are automated processes and will be handled automatically. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to the above restrictions.
- Host a single, personal website
- LAMP - Apache, Mysql, PHP 7.0
- 1 Mysql Database and user
- PhpMyAdmin - http://yoursite.freeshells.org:8081/phpmyadmin
- Email, including: Personal Mailbox, DKIM (on your own domain), IMAP/POP Access and web interface at http://yoursite.freeshells.org:8081/webmail
- Website Directory: /var/www/yoursite.freeshells.org/web
- Run IRC-related programs such as PsyBNC, ZNC, Eggdrop, Irssi, BitchX, Wraith, etc.
- Develop and run programs in python, perl, ruby, C, C++, PHP
- SSH tunneling/forwarding
- Most libraries already installed for python and other common applications.
- Upload & Download files to your account
- 1 IRC Connection per Free shell account
- oidentd for IDENT authentication
- DDoS Protected, up to 380Gbps